This Policy is intended to explain the conditions under which Eager Labs collects, uses, and discloses personal and other information in connection with the Services, and your rights in relation to that information. By visiting our website and/or using the features made available to you on the Services, you are agreeing to the terms of this Policy.
The personal and other information that we collect about you is controlled by Eager Labs, which is headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts. As described in the section below, entitled “Information for Users from Outside the United States,” the information that we collect through or in connection with the website may be transferred to and processed in the United States.
What personal and other information we collect about you
We collect both “personal information” and “other information” about users. For purposes of this Policy, “other information” is information that we cannot directly associate with a specific person without the aid of additional information. By contrast, “personal information,” is information such as a name or email address that we can directly associate with a specific person or entity without additional information. When we combine other information with personal information, we treat all of the combined information as personal information.
Personal information. You can visit the website without submitting any personal information. However, if you choose to use certain features on the website or the Services, you will be required to provide personal information. Such information could include, for example, your name, email address, user name and password, date of birth, telephone number, postal address, resume information including educational and employment history, and payment information.
We may also receive personal information from your social media or other third-party account provider (such as Facebook, Google, LinkedIn, or Twitter) if you log into our Services using your social media account or link your social media or other account to the Services. In those circumstances, we may receive information from the third party, such as your email, username, and certain other information.
We may combine personal information collected through the Services with other information that we or third parties collect about you in other contexts—such as our communications with you via email or phone, or your customer service records. We will treat such combined information as personal information and protect it in accordance with this Policy.
Other information. We also collect other information through the Services. Such information may be collected passively using variously technologies. We may use such information to track, for example, your usage of website or Services. Other information may be collected in the following ways:
- Log data. When you use the Services, we automatically receive and record certain information from your computer (or other device) and your browser. This may include such data as your IP address and domain name, the pages you visit on the Services, the date and time of your visit, the files that you download, the URLs from the websites you visit before and after navigating to the Services, your software and hardware attributes (including device IDs), your general geographic location (e.g., your city, state, or metropolitan region), and certain cookie information (see below). To obtain such information, we may use web logs or applications that recognize your computer and gather information about its online activity
- Web beacons. The Services or the emails that you receive from us may use an application known as a “web beacon” (also known as a “clear gif” or “web bug”). A web beacon is an electronic file that usually consists of a single-pixel image. It can be embedded in a web page or in an email to transmit information, which could include personal information. For example, it allows an email sender to determine whether a user has opened a particular email.
- Local storage. We also may use HTML5 local storage to collect and retain certain information about you. Data in local storage is not deleted when you clear your cookies, but it can be deleted by following the instructions provided by your browser developer.
- Third-party online tracking and behavioral advertising . We may partner with certain third parties to collect, analyze, and use some of the information described in this section. For example, we may allow third parties to set cookies or use web beacons on the website or in email communications from us. This information may be used for a variety of purposes, including online behavioral advertising, as discussed below (see the section entitled “Third-party analytics and interest-based advertising”).
How we use the information that we collect
Eager Labs uses the information that we collect for a variety of purposes. If we have personal information about you, we may use it, for example: to respond to your questions or requests concerning the website or other services offered by us or our partners; to fulfill the terms of any agreement you have with us; to fulfill your requests for our services or otherwise complete a transaction that you initiate; to send you information about the Services and other topics that are likely to be of interest to you, including newsletters, updates, or other communications; to deliver confirmations, account information, notifications, and similar operational communications; to improve your user experience and the quality of our services; to comply with legal and/or regulatory requirements; and to manage our business.
We use the other information that we collect for such purposes as: counting and recognizing users of the Services; analyzing how the Services and various features of the Services are used; improving the Services and enhancing users’ experiences with the Services; creating new products and services or improving our existing products and services; enabling additional website analytics and research concerning the Services; and managing our business. Eager Labs may link information gathered using cookies and web beacons with personal information. But in that event, we will treat the combined information as personal information.
We also may use the personal and other information that we collect to send you marketing emails and promotional communications, including emails about products and services offered by us or our partners. To opt-out of these communications, see “Choices and Access to Information” below.
How we share information with third parties
We share your personal information and other information with other parties for a variety of purposes, as described below.
Affiliates. We may share personal and other information with our corporate affiliates for the purposes described in this Policy.
Third-party service providers and business partners. Eager Labs uses third-party service providers to help us manage and improve the website and other services. These service providers may collect and/or use your personal or other information to assist us in achieving the purposes discussed above in the section entitled “How we use the information that we collect.” For example, we use third parties to help us target and implement our email communications, host our website, process payment for our services, and manage our information systems. We may also use third-party platforms to help us manage our relationships with the people and companies that use our services.
We may share your personal or other information with other third parties when necessary to fulfill your requests for services; to complete a transaction that you initiate; to meet the terms of any agreement that you have with us or our partners; or to manage our business.
Your direct sharing of personal information through third-party websites and services. The Services may enable you to directly share personal information with websites or online services operated by third parties. For example, the website may contain links to third-party websites that incorporate comment and social media features. The website also contains a Facebook “like” button and a Twitter “follow” button. If you choose to use these features, you may disclose your personal information not just to those third-party websites and services, but also to their users and the public more generally. Because these third-party websites and services are not operated by us, we are not responsible for the content or practices of those websites or services. The collection, use, and disclosure of your personal and other information will be subject to the privacy policies of the third-party websites or services, and not this Policy.
Surveys. We may ask you to participate in surveys (processed by us or third parties) that help us understand your use of the Services and to provide you with feedback around your skills and competencies and how to improve professionally. Any personal or other information provided to Eager Labs (or supplied by you or Eager Labs to such third-party survey providers) in connection with these surveys will be used as stated in this Policy. You may share your survey information with other individuals, at your discretion.
Legal purposes. We also may use or share your personal or other information with third parties when we believe, in our sole discretion, that doing so is necessary:
- to comply with applicable law or a court order, subpoena, or other legal process;
- to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, violations of our terms and conditions, or situations involving threats to our property or the property or physical safety of any person or third party;
- to establish, protect, or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims; or
- to facilitate the financing, securitization, insuring, sale, assignment, bankruptcy, or other disposal of all or part of our business or assets.
Aggregated information . From time to time, we may also share anonymized and aggregated information about users, such as by publishing a report on trends in the usage of the Services.
Online interest-based advertising. The Services may enable third parties to collect information through cookies, web beacons, and device identifiers, such as IDFA or Advertising ID, for use in online interest-based advertising. For example, third parties may use the fact that you visited our website or used our Services to target online ads for Eager Labs to you on non-Eager Labs websites. In addition, we or our third-party advertising networks might use information about your use of the Services to help target non-Eager Labs advertisements to you on unaffiliated websites based on your online activity in general. For information about behavioral advertising practices, including privacy and confidentiality, visit the Network Advertising Initiative website or the Digital Advertising Alliance website.
We and our third-party providers may use collected information to establish connections among related web browsers and devices (such as smartphones, tablets, and computers) for advertising, analytics, attribution, and reporting purposes. We may match your browsers or devices if you log into the same online service on multiple devices or if your devices share similar attributes that support an inference that they are used by the same person or household. This means that information about your activity on websites on your current browser or device may be combined and used with information collected from your other browsers or devices. For example, we or our third-party providers may use this information to deliver the same ad on multiple devices, to limit the number of times you see an ad across your devices, and to help measure the effectiveness of advertising campaigns across devices.
You may opt out of our third-party service providers’ interest-based advertising practices and cross-device technologies in web browsers by following the instructions below. Please note that the opt-out will apply only to the specific browser or device from which you opt out, and therefore you will need to opt out separately on all of your browsers and devices. If you delete or reset your cookies or mobile identifiers, change browsers, or use a different device, any opt-out cookie or tool may no longer work and you will have to opt out again.
Web Browser Opt-Out. To opt out in web browsers, please visit:
- Network Advertising Initiative Consumer Opt-Out Page at www.networkadvertising.org/choices
- Digital Advertising Alliance Consumer Choice page at www.aboutads.info/choices
- Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada Consumer Choice page at www.youradchoices.ca/choices
- European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance Choice page at www.youronlinechoices.eu.
The use of online tracking mechanisms by third parties is subject to those third parties’ own privacy policies, and not this Policy. If you prefer to prevent third parties from setting and accessing cookies on your computer or other device, you also may set your browser to block cookies.
Our website will respond to “Do Not Track” browser headers by disabling third-party analytics and tracking of users for marketing purposes. You can also limit tracking through these third-party programs by taking the steps discussed above.
Eager Labs uses commercially reasonable physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect your personal information against loss or unauthorized access, use, modification, or deletion. However, no security program is foolproof, and thus we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your personal or other information.
If you are a California resident, you have a right to request certain information with respect to the types of personal information we have shared with third parties for their direct marketing purposes, and the identities of those third parties, within the immediately preceding calendar year, subject to certain exceptions. All requests for such information must be sent to email@example.com.
This same California law permits us to provide you, in response to your written request, with a cost-free means to choose not to have your information shared rather than providing the above described information. To that end, you may request that we do not disclose your personal information to unaffiliated third parties for their own direct marketing purposes by contacting us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are a California resident under 18 years of age and a registered user of our Services, you may request that we remove content and information that you post on our Services. To obtain removal of such content and information, please send us an email at email@example.com with a short description of the content or information you would like to have removed. Please note that such a request does not necessarily ensure complete or comprehensive removal of content posted by you, since the content and information may remain in our databases, may remain visible in a manner that does not identify you, or may have been re-posted by another user.
Choices and Access to Information
If you no longer wish to receive marketing communications from us, please follow the “unsubscribe” instructions that are included at the bottom of each message or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We may still send you certain communications relating to the Services you use, such as service announcements and administrative messages.
You have the right and ability to edit certain account information on our Services at any time by accessing your account. Users may also have additional rights to access, review, correct, delete, or inquire about information that we hold about them. To make such a request, please send us an email at email@example.com. Please note that we may need to verify your identity or request additional information from you before we are able to comply with your request.
Data Retention and Deletion
We retain information for as long as reasonably necessary to deliver our Services to you or to fulfill the purposes described in this Policy, or as required by law. To request the deletion of your personal information, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make our best effort to delete all personal information about you. However, please note that certain information, including other information, may be retained in backup databases.
Information for users from outside the United States
Please note that the Services are directed towards users who reside in the United States. The personal and other information that we collect through or in connection with the Services is transferred to and processed in the United States for the purposes described above. We also may subcontract the processing of your data to, or otherwise share your data with, affiliates or third parties in the United States or countries other than your country of residence. The data-protection laws in these countries may be different from, and less stringent than, those in your country of residence. Any such transfers will comply with safeguards as required by relevant law. By using the Services or by providing any personal or other information to us, you expressly consent to such transfer and processing.
If you are a resident of the EEA or Switzerland, the following information applies:
- Purposes of processing and legal basis for processing . As explained above, we process personal data as defined under data protection laws in various ways depending upon your use of the Services. We process personal data on the following legal bases: (1) with your consent; (2) as necessary to perform our agreement to provide Services; and (3) as necessary for our legitimate interest in providing the Services where those interests do not override your fundamental rights and freedom related to data privacy.
- Right to lodge a complaint . Users that reside in the EEA or Switzerland have the right to lodge a complaint about our data collection and processing actions with the supervisory authority concerned. Contact details for data protection authorities are available at http://ec.europa.eu/newsroom/article29/item-detail.cfm?item_id=612080 .
- Transfers . Personal information we collect may be transferred to, and stored and processed in, the United States or any other country in which we or our affiliates or subcontractors maintain facilities. We will ensure that transfers of personal information to a third country or an international organization are subject to appropriate safeguards as described in Article 46 of the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”).
- Individual Rights . If you are a resident of the EEA or Switzerland, you are entitled to the following rights, which may be exercised by contacting us as described below. In order to verify your identity, we may require you to provide us with personal information prior to accessing any records containing information about you.
- The right to request data erasure. You have the right to have your data erased from our website if the data is no longer necessary for the purpose for which it was collected, you withdraw consent and no other legal basis for processing exists, or you believe your fundamental rights to data privacy and protection outweigh our legitimate interest in continuing the processing.
- The right to restrict or object to our processing. You have the right to restrict or object to our processing if we are processing your data based on legitimate interests or the performance of a task in the public interest as an exercise of official authority (including profiling); using your data for direct marketing (including profiling); or processing your data for purposes of scientific or historical research and statistics.
To revoke consent and opt-out of us collecting and processing your data, click “Revoke Access” below, please email us at email@example.com.
Please note: at this time, there are certain data collection processes that are tied to the functionality of the Services in such a way that for such data collection and processing to cease altogether, you will be unable to access the site.
The Services are not directed to children under the age of 13, and Eager Labs does not knowingly collect personal or other information from anyone who is under the age of 13.
Links to Other Websites or Services
Changes to this Policy
Questions or comments
If you have any questions or comments regarding our Policy, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us by mail at:
Sean Lindsay, Eager Labs
31 St. James Ave, 6th Floor
Boston, MA 02116© 2017-2022, Eager Labs, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Updated: Sept 17th, 2018